This week was a very low key week. For most of the week we didn't have a lot of things to do at work, and they kept running out of things to give us. like on Wednesday Hamdi let me go home from work like an hour early! For most of the week I did verifications. That's where we take each individuals grade posting and check it against the sheet that has everyone on it. It also means taking the students' individual tests and verifying it against the grades that were entered in the computer. We also got trained on how to do the oral interviews we will be doing with the students and I got to check my university email for the first time. So I've set up some times with students to meet and do the labs with them. It really wasn't until Thursday and Friday that we ended up with things to do. I went around to the various people that I work for and asked if they had things for me and Rosalie and Agathe did. So I did bulletin verification for them and then did some uploading of grades and stuff for Juliette. Then Friday like an hour and a half before I was supposed to leave, I was in the middle of creating some Excel sheets for Agathe for the students' juries when Valerie and Marion needed mine and Jakob's help doing a huge project! When students don't achieve a certain score on a test they have to retake the test for that class its called retrapage. So we are currently in the process of getting those Excel sheets ready for them but I had to finish the stuff I was doing for Agathe so I'll have to finish it on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. So basically we went from having nothing to do to having everything to do!
 |
| Jakob in the process of working, unknowingly having his picture taken for this post. |
Anyways, Kevin, the other intern, and his new wife Amanda, made it to Lille! Jakob and I went on Monday and picked them up from the train station and then after getting them settled in we went to Delice an awesome little grill place like 2 blocks from where I live. Their apartment is super cute and I am a little jealous of where they are located. Anyways Kevin isn't working in the same department as Jakob and me, he works for the Master's program faculty and we work for the undergraduate. So we don't see him super often at work.
It's been a pretty uneventful week by way of going places, on Wednesday I did go to an awesome resturant called Pancook that is super close to my apartment.
I guess I should say that the week was uneventful in discovering other parts of Lille but by way of discovering stuff that is actually close to where I live, I discovered a Boulangerie, a small restauration rapide, at least one great restaurant and we got a small tour of the campus.
 |
| Here's a cat I saw on Thursday when we went to get Amanda and Kevin to go to Institute |
 |
| One of the crepes I got when we missed the bus for institute and went to eat crepes instead |
 |
| The canal next to the Citadelle |
 |
| Inside the campus chapel during our tour |
 |
| Olivier, our tour guide, and the organ |
 |
| The Building where Kevin works |
As some of you know, Friday was my birthday and it was a pretty awesome day. For my birthday we went to a tea salon called Méert in old Lille and then we went to a fry place for dinner!
 |
| Me in front of Méert |
 |
| Amanda, Jakob and I. Kevin couldn't come because he was sick:( |
 |
| Lemonade |
 |
| The infamous Méert waffle with speculoos! |
 |
| Jakob and his small child |
All in all a pretty awesome way to turn 22. (and yes I did listen to the song:) To finish off the day we went back to Kevin and Amanda's apartment and planned our trip to Brussels this weekend.
So like I said in the beginning a very slow low key week without tons going on.
 |
| Have an awesome weekend!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment