Greetings from France Friends!
I bring you tidings of another walk, this time of Walk 9, possibly the shortest walk we've ever done. This walk started off across from the Louvre, at the Louvre des Antiquaires which is where rich people like George Lucas go to bargain shop. No pictures allowed, but I saw the most beautiful earrings, they were really something.
After walking through the antique mall for aristocrats, we walked to the Comédie-Française where plays by Molière are played, next to Comédie there was a crazy art-nouveau metro station, it was like looking at something from a 70's space movie.
The Bus stop from outerspace
Comédie-Française
The Bus stop from outerspace
Then we walked through the Jardin du Palais Royal
After the park we walked to the National Library, however the library is closed for renovations so we didn't go in, because we're rebels.
After the library we walked past la Bourse, which is basically the French Wallstreet/ Stock Market. Which doesn't have tours in the Spring, so that was super fast as well. Also meant that although the economy major was sad, that I didn't have to go through a potentially boring tour of French economy.
Then we went through the covered passages, passage de Panoramas, here I bought old postcards, stamps, and envelops. It was pretty dope. (Sorry, inside joke. I just couldn't resist;).
After the covered passages/markets we went to Musée Grévin, which is like Madame Toussad's, but it was like 22 euros with our student discount so we didn't go in because it was to expensive and we were running out of time to get to le Musée d'Orsay.
Anywho, with this as my cliffhanger, I shall leave you until the next time--
Same Bat-time, Same Bat-channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment