On Tuesday, we did Walk 17 which took us to L'Arche de la Défense and modern France.
So we took the metro up to the Arch and then saw some cool Modern Architecture and art.
It looks like Star Trek
Lego House
The Mirrored Skyscrapers meant as modern art
This is the Moretti Tower and is made up of 672 colored tubes, it is in fact a sculpture
You can't really see it, but in the back of the picture there is the Indeterminate Double Lines sculpture which I include only because I like the name
Ladybug!!
This is the Arch, it is actually a skyscraper, with offices and everything
There was some sort of Avengers thing going on, so I took a picture of Iron Man
This is the Colored Fountain
This is a sculpture by Miro, in front of the Quatre Temps mall
This is le Pouce by Cesar which means thumb, it's really big.
This is inside the Arch, its so large that Notre-Dame could fit in it comfortably.
After visiting the Arch we went to the Catacombs, they were terrifying and cool.
Terrifying to think about being under the earth, I hummed tunes to take my mind off of it.
This was the entrance to the catacombs, the sign above the door says
"Stop, here lies the kingdom of the dead"
Very Welcoming indeed
This is the Fountain Lethe
I don't remember what this reads... but it was at the end.
Anywho that was my day Tuesday it was pretty short which was really nice after having so many long days in a row.
No comments:
Post a Comment