So Walk 21 or the "Anti-Walk Walk" was notoriously difficult for me to do. Due to my good sense of direction and the fact that I've been all over Paris doing the other walks combined into a slight inability to do this walk properly.
So I did it twice.
The first time I went to Pere Laichaise Cemetery. I was completely lost inside of the cemetery because it was super difficult to figure out where we were. However, I knew where I was in that I knew I was in a cemetery so that didn't really work.
Chopin's grave
Heloise and Abelard
Chopin's grave
Heloise and Abelard
So we decided to take a bus, but because we were trying to make it to FHE back at the church I used my app to find a bus going in that direction. Natalie got mad at me because "that's not getting lost". After making it to Hotel de Ville, I tried to get lost in the Marais quartier which is where the church is, However due to the fact that I go there every day I couldn't truly get lost there either.
Many weeks passed and finally last Thursday after Walk 12 I took a "random" bus. The problem was that I can read and the sign told me where the bus was going to end up at and I knew that that would work to get home after so I decided to get lost there. Natalie got mad at me again and banned me from reading signs....it didn't work.
Anywho, this bus took us across from Abbaye St. Germain to the Louvre and after through a neighborhood I'd never been through before and dropped us off at Gare du Nord.
So though it was super difficult it only took me 3 times to get lost and even then I wasn't really lost...but that's what happens when you've been in a city long enough.
Until the next post! Have a fantastic day!
No comments:
Post a Comment